Axie Infinity is a blockchain-based investment and battle game, partially owned and operated by its players. Inspired by popular games like Pokemon and Tamagotchi, Axie Infinity allows players to collect, breed, raise, battle, and trade creatures known as Axies, which are token-based.
What is Axie Infinity (AXS)?
The Axie Infinity ecosystem has its unique governance token known as Axie Infinity Shards (AXS). These are used to participate in key governance votes, granting owners a say in how the funds in the Axie Community Treasury are spent.
Each Axie, being a non-fungible token (NFT), has different attributes and powers. The winning team gains more experience points used to upgrade Axie’s statistics or evolve body parts, enabling entry into 3-on-3 battles. Axies can be paired to produce new and unique offspring that can be used or sold in the Axie marketplace.
Every Axie possesses six out of hundreds of potential body parts, each with its own battle move. This creates virtually endless diversity among Axies. While most Axies have relatively weak statistics, those with the strongest combination of body parts can possess incredible stats.
Additionally, AXS token holders can stake their tokens to receive regular rewards. However, unlike some other equity-like assets, AXS holders must also vote and play to claim their rewards.
Axie Infinity was created in 2018 by Sky Mavis, a technology-focused game developer with a team primarily based in Vietnam. The Axie Infinity team consists of 25 full-time members, most of whom are experienced in game development.
At the time of preparing this article, AXS Coin, trading at $0.9441, is ranked 346th in terms of market value with $39,812,609, according to CoinMarketCap data. It’s also worth noting that in the AXS-BTC trading pair, the token is trading at 0.00002759 BTC against Bitcoin.
Additionally, AXS Coin hit a record high of $1.15 on January 27, 2021, and a low of $0.1234 on November 6, 2020. The current circulating supply of AXS Coin is 42,182,729 AXS, and it’s planned to reach a total of 270,000,000 AXS.
AXS Coin can be purchased quickly and securely through Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency trading platform by trading volume.
Where to Buy AXS Coin?
After creating an account on Binance, you can quickly buy AXS coin by following the steps below. It is worth noting that liquidity, security, and speed are the main factors why investors prefer Binance.
- To buy AXS Coin, first, send USD to the exchange or buy a cryptocurrency that can be used instead. For this, go to the Binance homepage, click on the “Buy Crypto” option in the top left, and then select the “Credit/Bank Card” tab.
- In the opened tab, select how much USD you want to transact with, and mark Bitcoin, i.e., BTC, in the Coin section.
- After buying BTC, preview the “Buy-Sell” option at the top left again and click on the “Classic” tab.
- In the opened section, select the BTC tab from the top right, type AXS into the search button, and select the AXS/BTC pair that appears below.
- Then, go to the middle “BUY AXS” tab, enter the amount you want to buy.
- Enter the amount you want and complete the process of buying AXS Coin by confirming the transaction.
In addition, on Binance, you can create a purchase order at a lower price than the current price by entering the amount you want to buy. For this, use the Limit tab and simply enter the amount and price you want to buy at.